CLE WITH A VIEW: ARBITRATION OF COMMERCIAL DISPUTES – HOT TOPICS AND TIPS FROM THE JUDGES
Posted on Mar 20, 2018 |CLE Events
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Rare View Rooftop
(located in Chelsea on top of Hilton Hotel Fashion District)
152 West 26th Street | Floor 23
New York, NY 10011
This Signature CLE program entitled Arbitration of Commercial Disputes – Hot Topics and Tips from the Judges, will focus on the benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and more specifically, hot button issues that affect commercial disputes in arbitration today.
Given the cost in terms of time, expense, and uncertainty of litigating in the court system, arbitration is a cost-effective and time-efficient alternative to the unpredictability of litigation. Arbitration affords the parties many advantages including confidentiality and privacy, controlled discovery, input into the selection of the arbitrator and finality by virtue-of limited rights to appeal. Participants will have an opportunity to hear from three of NAM's highly regarded neutrals who are retired judges – Hon. John P. DiBlasi (Ret.), Hon. Peter B. Skelos (Ret.) and Hon. Ira B. Warshawksy (Ret.).
- Standard for determining whether a contract provides for all arbitrators to be neutral or non-neutral and a discussion of the dynamics of the tri-panel
- Obtaining immediate injunctive relief in arbitration
- Managing ESI in arbitration
- Availability of non-party subpoenas in arbitration and sanctions for noncompliance
- Availability of dispositive motions in arbitration
- Obtaining a default award
5:30 PM / Registration
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM / Program
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM / Networking/Social
NAM provides complimentary continuing legal education programs for attorneys, bar associations, corporate and government legal departments, and other legal and business organizations. To learn more, contact Stephanie Ball, Director of Continuing Legal Education.